TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher Empty
PostSubject: Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher   Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:28 pm

Just thought i would share a few pics of my 99% finished Gato class sub ready for the show on Saturday.

She's missing a few rigging lines from the stern to the conning tower outriggers, but i have those detachable in case anything knocks them in transport and snaps off the support post which won't be good, she is unweathered as i have a glass display case for her and don;t want a weathered sub.

Enjoy the pics.

Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher Dsc01311

Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher Dsc01312

Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher Dsc01313

Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher Dsc01314

RR

PostSubject: Re: Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher   Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 11:04 pm

Looks great... must get round to building mine...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher   Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:12 pm

very nice job RR,. did you build her as a sailing sub or purely static.
neil.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher   Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:03 am

Static only i have limited interest in subs, i only got this as it was £30 from model zone, i certainly wouldn't have paid the full £70 for it.
she will look good once on my window seal in the bedroom, mind you Friday i freaked out... i loaded it in the car, my dad went oh that's nice and went to give it a poke... he knocked the entire sides rails so they all snapped off, (see i'm so glad i didn't put the rear rigging lines on or the coning tower would have gone too) so there i was at half 7 at night in the boot of the car with some super glue and a pin doing urgent repair work. luckly... fixed and no visible damage, but man i was not happy.

u995
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher   Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 9:33 am

Nice job ,next sub a gato!
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher   Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Models by design do an X Craft sub which would be my next venture into a dynamic diving sub should i get enthusiastic about it, they also do a Gato set of mouldings. This kits from Revell simple to put together and looks fine on the shelf.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher   Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher Empty

Back to top Go down

Revels 1:72 Gato Class Submarine U.S.S Flasher
Page 1 of 1