TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

technology is incredible

Go down 
AuthorMessage

technology is incredible Empty
PostSubject: technology is incredible   technology is incredible EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:03 pm

todays' technology is just amazing. 

whilst in Canberra 42 years ago, I shared a house with another guy and a girl, and we had some great times and became great friends....

earlier this year we [scotty and I] got back in touch via email...….

I mentioned to him that hopefully in 4 years I hope to take my girls to OZZ to show them the sites and hopefully to meet up with him...…...he returned the message by saying...….how about in a couple of months as we are coming over to the uk for a month or so...…..I am so excited to meet him again......we drank together, womanised together, road motorcycles together...…..and just generally had a great time for 18 months of my stay over there...…

and this morning I shared, [if only via the internet] their take off together from Brisbane airport, via technology.....amazing and marvellous. 

technology is incredible Img-2014

technology is incredible Img_1837
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: technology is incredible   technology is incredible EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 6:54 pm

Yes, it certainly can be.
I was E-Mailed out of the blue a few weeks ago by my ex-wife's son (by a previous marriage). He had Googled my name and "model aircraft kits" and had found me via my involvement with Component Shop.
He wanted to know if I still wished to establish contact with my daughter - last heard of/from 35 years ago when she was not quite 3, and very effectively 'firewalled' ever since by her mother.
To cut a very long story short I'm now waiting to have Claire's E-Mail address confirmed and that she wishes to resume some form of contact. I gather things are looking quite positive.
I now live in the same hope that I'd abandoned years ago.
Incredible? Yes.
Scary?? You bet!!
Watch this space...
Dave M
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: technology is incredible   technology is incredible EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 10:53 pm

Great news.
I am so happy for you dave, and I really hope that things go well for you both, and your son as well...…..it would be a lovely start to the year for you.

I honestly feel great pleasure for you and may you regain some of the years you sadly lost because of vindictiveness and sad intentions by another person. 

good luck mate...., my best wishes go to you all. 

neil.
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: technology is incredible   technology is incredible EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 11:04 pm

Thanks, Neil, but the guy is actually no relation to me - it's just that my daughter is unfortunate enough to have the same mother as him! He also seems to be a bit at sea with the technique of sending, receiving and forwarding E-Mails, but I'm sure we can overcome that.
DM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: technology is incredible   technology is incredible EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 9:08 pm

inertia wrote:
Thanks, Neil, but the guy is actually no relation to me - it's just that my daughter is unfortunate enough to have the same mother as him! He also seems to be a bit at sea with the technique of sending, receiving and forwarding E-Mails, but I'm sure we can overcome that.
DM

good luck mate, hope it all pans out well for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: technology is incredible   technology is incredible Empty

Back to top Go down

technology is incredible
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: The Lake Side :: At The Lake Side-
Jump to: