TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi Just looking for Help/Advice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Hi Just looking for Help/Advice  Empty
PostSubject: Hi Just looking for Help/Advice    Hi Just looking for Help/Advice  EmptyThu May 02, 2024 3:07 pm

Hi I built my boat AZIZ back in 2007, long story short not long after wife had stroke, boat put away. I lost my wife in 2023 i have just start to get back in to the hobbie again
I am changing from FMm to 2.4 ghz and come acrose a few problems, The radio and item i have in the boat are as follows.

Radiolink AT1011.

1 12v 5amp Battery.
1 Water Pump to fire Hoses.

1 Battery pack for Receiver.
1 Receiver.

1 12v 5amp Battery.
1 Bow Thruster.
1 Servo to turn on Pump.
2 Servo mix to operate fire Hoses.
1 Sound unit PE310  and Speaker from JJC Electronics.
1 Old Smokey Mk2 unit from JJC Electronics.
1 Prop-Rudder Mixer Mk2 from JJC Electronics.
1 Servo for Rudder.
2 Motor 2.5:1.
3 ESC Viper Marine 15,  2 for motors and 1 for Bow Thurster.
Look for Help/Advice on how to wire it all i must be doing something wrong it shuts down when i left or right rudder, is there any things i need to take out or replace that would help. i have a feeling the prop/rudder mix is playing up, do i need bigger batts
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Hi Just looking for Help/Advice    Hi Just looking for Help/Advice  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 8:38 pm

First thing is to ditch the battery pack for the receiver as the viper escs have a bec function to power the radio. Also remove the RED wire in the bow thruster radio lead to prevent it trying to power the radio, also remove the RED wire from one of the motor escs for the same reason. More than one power supply to the receiver just causes problems.

Mike

Brad likes this post

Back to top Go down
Brad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Hi Just looking for Help/Advice    Hi Just looking for Help/Advice  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 9:12 pm

Thank for that Ill try tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Brad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Hi Just looking for Help/Advice    Hi Just looking for Help/Advice  EmptySat May 04, 2024 1:00 pm

Hi   I have done what you suggested  Very Happy all working apart from one servo that turns on the  water pump, when i turn on that servo it cuts out all, the pump is on it own batt and not got any connection with any thing else and is turned on by the said servo. The two water cannons servo do the same when i use them Many thanks for your help so far.
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Hi Just looking for Help/Advice    Hi Just looking for Help/Advice  EmptySat May 04, 2024 1:12 pm

Brad wrote:
Hi   I have done what you suggested  Very Happy all working apart from one servo that turns on the  water pump, when i turn on that servo it cuts out all, the pump is on it own batt and not got any connection with any thing else and is turned on by the said servo. The two water cannons servo do the same when i use them Many thanks for your help so far.
Glad most things have been solved.  Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

Try a different servo in the receiver socket that switches on the water pump, the old one may be faulty and causing problems.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Hi Just looking for Help/Advice    Hi Just looking for Help/Advice  EmptySat May 04, 2024 2:03 pm

Hi using the rudder servo no problem , how ever if i use the pump servo or the servo the turn the fire hoses it shuts down, just tried a different servo still cut out.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Hi Just looking for Help/Advice    Hi Just looking for Help/Advice  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 8:11 pm

Hi just to follow on from above posts i have 4, Futaba FP.S148 indirect Drive Servos. 1 for Rudder, 1 to Turn On Pump for Fire Hose, 2 to control  the 2 Fire Hoses rotation, If i turn on one when one of the others is being used it cut out , am i pulling to much current or to many amps i have the two motors running correct ie: Ahead/A stren Left/Right with Rudder through the rudder mixing unit, The sound and smoke unit goe's up and downwith the throttle control, so all is ok up to this point, Do I  need to invest in small servo or do i need to get digital servos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi Just looking for Help/Advice    Hi Just looking for Help/Advice  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi Just looking for Help/Advice
Page 1 of 1