TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

rc petrol offshore boat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Colinb
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

rc petrol offshore boat Empty
PostSubject: rc petrol offshore boat   rc petrol offshore boat EmptyTue Jun 18, 2024 11:28 pm

Hi I am New to this site my name is Colin years ago my father built me a rc boat with a merco 61 in it we used to go to poole park on a Sunday to use it so i have always been interested in rc boats. Just recently i purchased an off shore power boat which is 54" long with a 23cc petrol engine in it i am in the process of fibreglasing the hull and repairing the boat my question is should i fibreglass the deck to the hull as it looks as if it should be or is there some type of glue to fasten the deck to the hull with that i should use and where can i get a 30cc or more modern petrol engine from as i do not want to purchase these chinese engines also what is the best type of radio gear to use that is not too expensive thank you Colin
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: rc petrol offshore boat   rc petrol offshore boat EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 3:02 pm

You should glass the deck to the hull, especially as its an off shore boat.... sea water is hell!

You should also search up how to make it self right... becuase unless you fancy going fishing when it capsizes (which WILL happen) then this is a sure way to get the boat back up right .

As for a 30 cc engine... first question why 30 over 23?..... 21/23 cc engines can still launch a boat into 90mph speed ranges.... maybe practise with the current setup first before ''upgrading'' to a 30...

There is only ONE site location to trust... who actully know what they are on about. these are ppl i have delt with for nearly 2 decades now when it comes to power boat racing.

https://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/

As for Radio gear...

Rule of thumb is.. buy the best you can afford!.. cheap = problems ( and that a fact today with the volume of chinese trash out there)

Futaba.
Spectrum.

Two well known brands that are fool proof to concider before all else...

i've used the same 8 channel Spectrum set for nearly 10 years now with Zero issues ... that includes spares!

photos?

adengel likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com
Colinb
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: rc petrol offshore boat   rc petrol offshore boat EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:09 pm

Thank you for replying to my questions i will try the 23cc first and see how i get on i have a bigish boat that i will be taking the rc boat out to sea with that way if it breakes down or stops its easy to get to it and i can take it to sheltered parts of the bay to use until i get used to it as for self righting i will have to look into it and i read somewhere that some of these boats have automatic pumps that pump out the water but i have not found a site that sells them but thank you again.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: rc petrol offshore boat   rc petrol offshore boat EmptySat Jun 22, 2024 10:50 am

Pumps....

I don't know where your getting this information but... no... lol

Please be really carful which infomation you belive when reading online, if your boat fills with water and flipped over.. it's sunk... if water shorts the electrics, no pumps going to work.

Most RC engined boats will have a water cooling system attached to the engines header , this is easily confused as a '' water pump'' but its only cooling your engine.. it's doing nothing else...

To make a Boat self right , there are two methods...

One is a outright perfectly counter balanced hull, to which if its flips over, you can use the prop torque to flip it back over.... ( and this only works providing your engine did'nt stall out!)

The fool proof method is to have a chamber the entire length of the boat on one side fully glassed into the hull, which becomes a compartment to flood.

On the transom, a Hole is cut out where the flood compartment is to allow water to escape very quickly...

On the Top side some slots should be cut to allow water into the compartment...

The trick is when its flipped over, the Slots on the top ( becuase your now inverted) allow water to fill the compartment, this forced the boat to tilt over to the point of flipping the correct way over, once it's over the majority of the water can escape out of the back ( because it will flip to the water line so 80% of the water will empty, the last 20% or so will be forced out when u throttle up and the boats nose is lifted!

https://youtu.be/hHjFjHzLuWI <<--- how it works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYj-nSHBnm4 <-- see em in action!

adengel likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rc petrol offshore boat   rc petrol offshore boat Empty

Back to top Go down

rc petrol offshore boat
Page 1 of 1