TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello Gentlemen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Hello Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Hello Gentlemen   Hello Gentlemen EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 7:00 pm

First of all how are all you gentlemen going on?, well i hope?, like a bad penny i keep turning up.
Unfortunately i sold all but two of my boats because health dictated it, and now i've got another hurdle to jump over "Figuratively speaking of course".
I have no plans to build any more boats but i will pop in from time to time to see how you are all going on.
Been very ill, and at one time i thought my number was up from a heart attack, never rains but it pours hey?.
Got over that now it turns out i've got a compressed disc in the base of my spine "Rolls eyes", and am down for an operation.
Anyway guys take care

Tony
Back to top Go down

Hello Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Gentlemen   Hello Gentlemen EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 2:17 am

Good to hear from you Tony so sorry to hear of your health woes and hope all goes well with the op.
All the best from all of us at RCMB.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Hello Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Gentlemen   Hello Gentlemen EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Thanks Damien good to be back. Smile
Back to top Go down

Hello Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Gentlemen   Hello Gentlemen EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 9:50 pm

and from me to Tony...............wondere'd where you'd gone..........thought you'd emigrated down under to warmer climes...............good to here from you again.................and you don't need to be building to come along for a chat. take care, neil.
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Hello Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Gentlemen   Hello Gentlemen EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 3:59 am

Thank you matey Very Happy. No still stuck here in good old blighty. Moved to a new flat, the penthouse we call it Smile so much bigger than our old rat trap lol!

I'm still in range of "Victoria Park" where the pond is, and as i said i kept two of my boats, the "PT 109", and a small "Rotterdam" Fire tender that i got for £15. bit of work doing on it.

I can carry the PT 109, and the Fire tender on my Mobility Scooter, and get off down to the pond lol!

Cheers
Back to top Go down

Hello Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Gentlemen   Hello Gentlemen EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:06 am

I built a trailer for my scooter Tony & can carry 2 boats at a time behind me.
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Hello Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Gentlemen   Hello Gentlemen EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 5:42 pm

Ahhhh now that seems a good idea Damian but i don't think my scooter is strong enough to pull a trailer.
It is only a small one, and is capable of 4 MPH.
If i could build or find a trailer that was light enough?, my boats don't weigh anything, i will give it some thought.
Hello Gentlemen 153y0wo
Back to top Go down

Hello Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Gentlemen   Hello Gentlemen EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 12:14 am

Here's some food for thought .

Hello Gentlemen Scooter2_zpsf3723209

It started out as a trailer for 2 kids behind a bicycle I stripped it down and added rails to locate and secure the boxes to house the models in transit.
This next pic shows it loaded to go 2 streets away for a community house display day.

Hello Gentlemen Scooter1_zpsd29c65b8

I don't feel it behind me and it doesn't alter the battery life per charge.
An old golf cart would also work.
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Hello Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Gentlemen   Hello Gentlemen EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:51 am

Well that's amazing Damien. I've been thinking?, the Pond is about 2.25 miles from me (Round trip) i've got two new batteries in the scooter so i believe it could handle it. The scooters range is 9.7 miles, do the math.
The deciding factor would be weight of course but i shall keep my eye out for one of those trailers, and cut it down, and the biggest boat is the PT 109, it's not that heavy, and comes in it's own box.
Oh! what's that boat you have on the trailer?.
Back to top Go down

Hello Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Gentlemen   Hello Gentlemen EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 11:17 am

Tony,
The one without a box is a 28" tank landing craft from a Glynn Guest plan, the 2 boxes contain a 24" seaport tug the other a 3ft sub chaser also from a Glynn Guest plan.

Last edited by Damien on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Hello Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Gentlemen   Hello Gentlemen EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:12 pm

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Gentlemen   Hello Gentlemen Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Gentlemen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: The Lake Side :: At The Lake Side-
Jump to: